BLACKBERRY FAIR 2019
Callout to traders
Welcome to this year’s 12th Whitchurch Blackberry Fair on Saturday 5th October. This fun event covers many outdoor areas of Whitchurch. Unless stated all hired stalls are covered. There is also availability for the indoor craft market.
If you would like to be considered for a stall, please complete the form at the foot of this page and return to no later than Friday 30th August 2019. All applicants will be contacted by Friday 6th September to confirm whether your application is successful or not. Payment should not be forwarded until this time and then paid in full by BACs or Cheque. Market stalls are covered, 8ft x 6ft total space including table of approximately 8ft x 4ft. Electricity is not available. Please note that stall fees once confirmed are non-refundable. Accommodated latecomers may be found space where available.
Stall prices vary according to location within the Fair. Be assured every effort is invested in making the whole event successful for everyone. Our event runs alongside the Whitchurch Makers Market. Please indicate your two preferred choices as whilst we will do our best to allocate your preferred location it might not always be possible to do so. Stalls will be available for set up from 8am and trading taking place from 10.00am to 6pm. All stalls must be clear by 7.00pm to allow for take down and the end of the Road Closure.
Policies for Traders
If you need clarification of any of the following, please contact us before sending your application form.
1. Goods should be produced locally. Locally means within 50 miles of Whitchurch. Traders or Goods from outside this radius will be allowed to trade if no local producer is available or wishing to sell this product.
Traders should already regularly participate in Whitchurch’s Friday or Farmers’ Markets. By
regularly we mean for at least 4 weeks prior to this event.
2. Goods should have been produced or obtained ethically. If your goods are “hand made” they should be hand made by you, your friends or family, or fairly traded.
3. Goods produced in factories which use child labour or unfair labour practices are not
permitted. We expect traders to be able to demonstrate that goods are not produced in this way.
4. Stalls selling second hand goods are welcome, but must comply with the above guidelines.
5. All Goods should be suitable for display to children and families.
6. Whilst goods sold subject to licensing restrictions, i.e. alcohol, drugs or tobacco may be not be permitted, sales of locally produced Ciders, Perry’s and Ales etc will be considered at the discretion of the Organisers.
7. Stalls must respect other faiths, cultures and beliefs, as no form of discrimination will be tolerated.
8. Balloons cannot be offered for sale or promotion due to associated litter problems.
9. We are committed to reducing the amount of single use plastic at this year's Fair. Please consider the plastic you will be bringing to Whitchurch either to trade or on a personal level and reduce single use plastic to a minimum.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TRADER APPLICATION FORM