BLACKBERRY FAIR 2019
Callout to volunteers
Interested in Volunteering at Whitchurch Blackberry Fair?
Then Read on…...
Hello and a warm welcome on board. Blackberry Fair celebrates Positive Action so by volunteering at the event this day is as much about you. Being part of the Team can be incredibly rewarding and between us all we can ensure everyone including ourselves has a great fun day.
We’ve set up two types of stewarding for the Volunteer Team.
A. Soft Help
This could involve:
- helping with set up and take down
- fetching and carrying / assisting where required through the day i.e collecting money, assisting Zone Leader Volunteers with Street Theatre attractions
- Carnival of Plenty procession i.e crowd control.
B. Hard Help and Zone Leader*
This could involve:
– skilled working with tools (own if poss, inc. basic screwdriving etc) for setup and take down
– erecting and dismantling
- taking responsibility for manning a zoned area at the event. Overseeing its smooth running / assisting or working with Staged Management / dealing with minor incidents and implementing emergency procedures where necessary
As it’s a long day from 5.30am–9pm both roles can be part or full time i.e morning / afternoon or both.
All Volunteers will be invited to a briefing one week before the event just to run through the events itinerary, how the Street will work on the day.
*Hard Help will receive some basic training just to familiarise themselves with fire extinguisher location and use / location of First Aid kits and defibrillators for use by trained personnel / use of handsets and course of action for minor and emergency incidents.
All Stewards will be loaned a CREW member t-shirt, a hat and a lanyard identifying who you are and celebrating your support for the Town events.
Blackberry Fair will also arrange a rest area with refreshments provided through the day.
TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST OR TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW YOU CAN HELP BLACKBERRY FAIR HAPPEN, PRESS HERE!